PropertyOfZack had the chance to chat with Josh and Dan from You Me At Six in the middle of their recent US co-headliner with The Swellers, We Are The Ocean, and Twin Atlantic. Josh, Dan, and I discussed the band’s new album, collaborations, breaking into America, and future touring. Check it out and enjoy!
For the record could you just state your names and roles in You Me at Six?
Josh: I’m Josh and I sing in You Me at Six.
Dan: Im Dan, I play drums.
You’re about a halfway into this co-headlining tour with The Swellers. How have the dates been?
Josh: They’ve been really fun. But I think we’re just really surprised at how many kids have come out to the shows. A lot of them have sold out in advance so it’s just been surprising and just really fun. Everyone’s been going crazy.
And this is more or less an international tour, so is that just kind of a cool vibe too? That doesn’t happen often at all.
Josh: Yeah, I know, it’s definitely a cool vibe, yeah.
Like you mentioned, so many of these shows are selling out and it’s your first tour supporting your album here. Big markets like New York City are selling out too, which is crazy. How has it been to see that?
Josh: Yeah, it’s been cool man. This is completely unexpected. But we had to do this tour just to figure out where we were in America. You know, like if we only had support of bands who have done warped tour. So we don’t know what kind of fan base we have here, if anything. So it was essential for us to do it. And I’m glad we have because it has been really nice and positive.
Dan: Yeah, it’s been really positive, so it gives us a nice stepping stone the next time we come over.
You guys were here not too long ago with Mayday Parade so were there any nerves about testing the market so soon right after you played?
Josh: No, because we hadn’t played America for like two years or a year and a half. So we felt that the Mayday Parade tour for us was an introduction to us being back. This tour is like, “Okay, this is You Me At Six, come down to a show if you want to see us play an album.” That sort of thing.
It has been a while since before that Mayday Parade Tour, I guess since Warped Tour. So is it just awesome to step away for so long and come back to five sold out shows already?
Dan: Yeah, nice. It’s just something that we’re really surprised about, if anything. Can’t complain.
How are the new songs going over live?
Dan: They’re probably the best one’s to be honest. I think that definitely since the new album came out it’s been a really cool vibe over here. Especially “Bite My Tongue,” we play that near the end, and it’s probably the biggest song of the night.
- troybolt0n likes this
- b2thesaltyall likes this
- thoughtsbyyourpillow likes this
- earthtotisha likes this
- lalalalalafuckyou likes this
- skelad likes this
- misfitinahurricane likes this
- redheadedemily likes this
- imakedirtywordsoundpretty likes this
- eatmycancer likes this
- theyregold likes this
- samsgotyouhigh likes this
- michigan-flint reblogged this from defendthemtoherdeath
- michigan-flint likes this
- defendthemtoherdeath reblogged this from propertyofzack
- atyourinconvenience likes this
- devilslittlesunshine likes this
- ihatejohnocallaghan reblogged this from withoutthesoundofdevastation
- ah0y--there reblogged this from propertyofzack
- heychikana reblogged this from propertyofzack
- withoutthesoundofdevastation reblogged this from propertyofzack
- solongsupersoldier likes this
- floodtheshore likes this
- starlit-envie reblogged this from propertyofzack
- dirkrneulin reblogged this from propertyofzack
- nicoleeileen likes this
- burnsgolden reblogged this from propertyofzack
- causethatswerewebelongnowbaby likes this
- badgirls-goodliars likes this
- s0mewhereinneverland likes this
- jrichmanesq likes this
- chcknnggts likes this
- hassoverboard likes this
- r8ioactive likes this
- desiemarie likes this
- propertyofzack posted this